Search
文章正文
Bulldozer reaches snowbound 4WDs
Published:2012-11-27 14:10:42    Text Size:【BIG】【MEDIUM】【SMALL

A mission to recover the 13 4WD vehicles buried in snow on the Old Man Range looks to have been successful.

A bulldozer driven by ''an experienced operator'' at Harliwich Holdings managed to push through a path along Waikaia Bush Rd, office administrator Christine Bennenbroek said this afternoon.

All but one of the vehicles had been reached and were being driven out, Fairfax reported.

Central Otago Mayor Tony Lepper said he had heard that vehicles should be recovered by Sunday night. One of the vehicles could not be started, but he believed the crew was working to bring it down with the others.

The council originally put a curfew of 5pm on the recovery operation, but it has been extended to 8pm, he said.

The salvage mission began at dawn yesterday and reached the buried vehicles this morning.

The vehicles belong to a group of 4WD enthusiasts from Southland who had to be rescued a fortnight ago after spending almost 20 hours stranded when a snowstorm hit the area, 1300m above sea level, near Roxburgh.

The condition of the vehicles was being assessed this morning before any attempts to retrieve them got under way.

PRODUCTS SEARCH
脚注信息
Copyright(C)2016-2017  Quanzhou Construction Machinery Co.,Ltd